Worship and the Arts

If worship isn't really about the music and the songs, can you worship without them?

I would have to say the answer is yes!!!!

I want to share more about using the Arts as Worship.

I have always been passionate about the arts. All I can say is that it is a gift from God. I'm not being prideful or dramatic, the thing is I have no idea where my passion and gifts came from. So it must be Jesus. Art, music, dance, design, writing, from the clothes I pick out in the morning to the way my brain works.

So an amazing God breathed part of my journey, was that out of all the ywam bases out there, I landed in Brisbane, Australia where I was to be apart of a Music, Art & Dance discipleship training school. I then was called to be a leader on these schools, guiding people in how they can use creativity for Jesus.

Students learned how to use Dance to evangelize, Use Photography to speak identity into others, Music to share what God had done in their lives, film to capture testimonies of healing and miracles, and painting to bring into reality the kingdom of heaven. I am only scratching the surface of what we would discover with God in the Arts!!



Arts and entertainment has the power to speak to and influence our world and it always has. God is wanting to redeem these things and use them for His glory and to help us encounter freedom. Just think for a moment of how the world has abused the arts, Now come back! It is heart breaking, but lets focus on what God wants to do!!! We can use the arts as a way to bring life and bring glory to the Lord. We can use creativity to prophesy and release light into the dark.


Maybe you are not creative, but ask God what you have to bring to the table. If you have a passion for dance, or spoken word, or graffiti, ask God how you can do that with Him, find Him in it, and share God through it!! Who says your calling has to look like something already happening! Worship God with whatever you have got. take a risk and bring the Kingdom of God to earth!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

3 Weeks to Go!!

Friends || Faithfulness || Flights