A Bull in a China Shop. Releasing Control.

As human beings, I think many of us struggle with wanting to control things. We want to control situations so that we can avoid unexpected surprises. We want to control our future by creating security and comfort. We want to control the people around us by reminding them where they fail because we think somehow that would motivate them to change. We try to control God. We tell Him when to speak and how He should speak to us. We tell Him our definition of good and love and expect Him to be those things or we will tell Him maybe He isn't who He should be. We ask Him to move in worship times and in our lives, but when things feel out of our control we freak and accuse and judge.

I wouldn't say these things if I hadn't myself battled this want to control and found myself doing these things.

I want to focus mainly on control and worship. I believe there are times where things can get out of hand, distract from God, or can be inappropriate in a time of corporate worship.  I also believe that God puts people like worship leaders in positions where they have the authority to lead a worship time and respond to what God is saying. So just because I am uncomfortable with something does not mean it is wrong. I think that sometimes we try to control the way God moves, and that can close our hearts to what God desires to do.

We cannot control the wind, but we can adjust our sails and let our boat embark on a new adventure.

 What if God wants to take you to a completely new place with Him? What if it means you are going head on into the unknown?  What if the Holy Spirit wants to move in you in a way you have never experienced in order to bring a new level of freedom to you and those in your life? What if you miss that because of fear and the need to control?

I heard this quote from a speaker once, "Holy Spirit is a bull in a china shop. He comes in and everything breaks. Worship is about to be flipped on it's head and how are we going to steward it?"

Ask yourself, am I closed minded to God moving in a certain way? Do I have judgments towards the way others worship? Holy Spirit, do you want to move in a new way in my life?

Prayer:
Jesus, help me to let go of fear and control. I ask forgiveness for my judgment of you and of others who are worshiping you. Come transform my heart and show me my identity as a worshiper. Papa God, I know that there are pieces of you I cannot even imagine, but I desire more of you! Prepare my heart for the way you desire to move in my life. I release control. Have your way Lord. I love you and I want to give you all the glory. In Jesus beautiful name!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

3 Weeks to Go!!

Friends || Faithfulness || Flights