Levitical Worship

Lately I have had to battle a lot of discouragement while also facing situations where I am like "yeah Jesus!" because I can see Him moving. It can be difficult to stay courageous and full of faith. So long story short I was asking God to help me and I started looking in the bible for situations where people where in missions and what God has said about things like support raising and facing difficult situations.
In doing so, I uncovered some amazing and encouraging words that remind me that I am doing what God says and to not loose heart!

In the old testament the Bible talks about the Levites, one of the tribes who were ministers, or today we would say they are the missionaries. God said that they were to do what He had called them to do while being supported financially by the body of Christ.

"I’m giving the Levites all the tithes of Israel as their pay for the work they do in the Tent of Meeting"
 Numbers 18:21

"At that time the Lord set apart the tribe of Levi to carry the ark of the covenant of the Lord to stand before the Lord to minister to him and to bless in his name, to this day. Therefore Levi has no portion or inheritance with his brothers. The Lord is his inheritance, as the Lord your God said to him."
Deuteronomy 10:8-9


I then look at Jesus and see what He did, How could He stay doing His ministry without the support of others??

" He continued according to plan, traveled to town after town, village after village, preaching God’s kingdom, spreading the Message. The Twelve were with him. There were also some women in their company who had been healed of various evil afflictions and illnesses: Mary, the one called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out; Joanna, wife of Chuza, Herod’s manager; and Susanna—along with many others who used their considerable means to provide for the company."
Luke 8:1-3

Why am I sharing this? Because missionaries often survive off the support of others and we as Christians need to see this as both biblical and chosen by God. As a missionary I need to know God designed my life style of being supported by others and that I shouldn't feel embarrassed by a need or feel like a burden. Jesus lived like this!! 

I am a Levitical Worshiper. I am going into Australia and the nations to minister to God and His people. God knew this before I was even born, and so He set in place people who would support me as I go into missions and share the love of Christ. Are you one of those people??


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

3 Weeks to Go!!

Friends || Faithfulness || Flights