Be still

Hey Friends, 
I apologize that I haven't updated every day!! I have a few posts that made it to my Facebook page but not the blog, so I am going to do a little catch up and share them today!!!


Earlier this week I shared this message, Be Still.
"Be still, and know that I am God". Sometimes the best thing for you is to do nothing. To Stop. To be still and know God is God. Pick a worship song, let it play. Sit and soak. Stop trying so hard. Invited God to come and be with you.


I shared this because It can be so hard for us to simply stop. Many come from a culture of perfection, striving, work based acceptance and seeing being busy as success. However, when we try to take control over our lives and everything in them, we hold tight and don't give things to God. We try to fix things, prepare for things, make everything look good, when really on the inside we are falling fast. 

Sometimes we even try to earn our salvation, or earn God's love by looking at what we can do, not what God did. I believe this leads to burning out, loosing sight of who God is, and judgment on those around us and what they are doing. 

But really God called you to a relationship and life with Him. you didn't say "OK God, we can be in a relationship and I will be the one who determines you, me, and what we have got together." Sometimes we let this be how we think. But God, knowing you would choose Him, chose you first. He died for you, He has the victory, He wants you, He knows you, and He still wants you!  

So Stop!!! Let God be God! Give Him your list of hardships and struggles, and just be still. Worship Him by letting go for once, and see what happens!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

3 Weeks to Go!!

Friends || Faithfulness || Flights