Where is the Fruit?

My Church has been looking into the fruit of the Spirit talked about in Galatians 5. As a response, the youth group girls in my small group wanted to challenge themselves by focusing on a different fruit every day. Because we have the Holy Spirit, these things can genuinely flow from our lives!! So here they are: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self Control.

So today, Love!!


1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

 "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."
(NIV)

Because God IS Love, I love reading this a second time replacing "Love" with God. 

God is Patient, God is kind. . . . . . .

He is so good!! 

Challenge yourself to think about what love looks like in your life. What are your motives for things? How do you receive love and give love? How do those around you receive love and how can you love them even if it looks different to what you prefer. I look at what God says love is and I know I have heaps of room for improvement! But I have Holy Spirit to help me every single day I choose love.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

a lovely little update :)

3 Weeks to Go!!