Under Pressure

So this morning I was thinking more about where I am in my life journey right now and I found myself needing to revisit James 1 in the bible. God showed me this passage when I first came here 3 weeks ago. this season is challenging for me, and I need wisdom from God. Something I love from this passage is how God invites us asking for help and is so happy to meet us there. Have you ever not asked for help because you felt insecure? I know I can go to God and He doesn't look at me differently or like I am unintelligent. He isn't annoyed. So the best thing is to be honest with Him. 

Also, So much goodness will come out of this time of testing. I have hope!! He is with me and I can trust that this is where I am meant to be even when some days I definitely don't feel like that. 

 The Message

James 1: 2-8 

Faith Under Pressure

2-4 Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don’t try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way.
5-8 If you don’t know what you’re doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You’ll get his help, and won’t be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. People who “worry their prayers” are like wind-whipped waves. Don’t think you’re going to get anything from the Master that way, adrift at sea, keeping all your options open.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

a lovely little update :)

3 Weeks to Go!!