Don't Shy from the Light

Something I am reminded of more and more every day is my need for Jesus. We all have our struggles and I have learned that when the world comes with all its hardship and questions, we have 2 options.

Run towards Jesus or run away from Jesus.

Now I do not want to downplay the struggles you may have faced. However, I know the truth that our circumstances do not define who God is and the devil would love to tell you differently. He would love for you to allow hardship to make you run, isolate yourself, loose hope and believe a lie about God. But God has shown me through walking through my own hardships, that I have a choice. I can choose to run towards God and ask for help and let him into my heart and situation.

When I was in Mozambique, I received a lot of breakthrough in my life, but only after weeks of feeling overwhelmed and broken. I was waiting for God to answer my questions and facing many fears and lies. I had many situations where I wanted give up or to call it quits. My struggles seemed to be screaming so loudly and it was hard to believe in the quiet whisper of God's voice. But in one of my times I was talking with God about things, I was listening to music and this song came on that I had never heard before. It was from a band called Neulore, called "Don't shy from the light". It was as if God spoke the lyrics directly into my heart. He was saying He was there with me, through the hardship and through my doubt. He was my hope. I needed to run to Him. Here are the lyrics. . . .

Of course I'll wait while you're hiding 
Of course I'll wait while you're deciding 

 But don't shy from the light It'll never harm you 
Don't shy from the light It'll never harm you 

 Of course I'll stay while you're denying 
Of course I'll stay while you wander blindly

 But don't shy from the light It'll never harm you 
Don't shy from the light It'll never harm you


So here is my point. Storms come. We live in a broken world. But God is our hope. God wants to meet you and when you feel like you no longer have the strength to hold on, cry out to Him and let Him hold onto you. He is faithful. And when you don't understand, surrender that to Jesus. He is good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

a lovely little update :)

3 Weeks to Go!!