2016 // What Next?

2016.

Happy new year!! For many, January feels like a fresh start, a clean slate. People set new goals and are inspired to break bad habits and begin some good ones. I see a new year as an exciting time of wonder. I look back and am in awe of all that has happened. I am so thankful for my relationship with Jesus and the amazing people and places.

I have been seeking God for what the next steps are for me and what 2016 would look like. While in Mozambique I found myself asking God many questions about my life in ministry and where He saw it going. He grew in my heart an even greater passion for seeing people encounter his presence and be transformed. Being in Pemba I saw in such a great way how God wants to bring freedom to individuals, but also communities and nations. He has also been growing my love for worship leading, song writing and discipleship. So what next for me? I am moving to Australia once again to Staff ywam Gold Coast's next School of Worship!!

Gold Coast, Australia


I am very excited to once again be on the mission field with ywam. I am also looking forwards to seeing all I have received in 2015 bear fruit in the year to come. So, once again, I am believing for God to provide funds, a visa, flights and everything needed to start a new season of life in the Gold Coast. I will be mentoring students coming in to learn about worship leading and who also have a hunger to see what God's heart is for the church and for the lost. I am just scratching the surface of what will be happening, but I will share more as we go! If you feel to give towards my next year in missions, visit the "Give A Donation" tab at the top of my blog to give through my gofundme campaign or through PayPal.

I hope as you look ahead to another year, you will dream bigger then just working out more or looking at your Facebook new feed less. Ask God what 2016 holds for you and have courage. Step out and take chances. Love the people in front of you. Laugh more and keep things simple. Don't compare, but instead grab on to your own destiny with confidence. Allow yourself to feel all life brings, but don't let those feelings rule you. Slow down and savor moments. Value rest and be kind to your heart. Above all, say yes to God and believe He loves you and has a plan for your life. If this next year doesn't bring me closer to God, there is no point. If you desire to know God more, then tell Him!! Jesus, I want to know you more. I want to receive your love and plan for my life. Show me who you are!!

Jesus is the greatest adventure.

Be Blessed!!

Lindsey Burton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

a lovely little update :)

3 Weeks to Go!!