Hungry and Heading Out Soon!

Now that February has arrived, life is getting real for this kid!!

In 2 weeks I hope to be in Australia. As I prepare to once again move half way around the world, I have a lot on my mind. Legalistically, I feel I am taking steps both forwards and back. I am not able to get the visa I was hoping for before I go, so I have a 3 month tourist visa. Please pray that I am able to get my 2 year visa before the 3 months are up. I am however getting closer to covering the cost of flights to the Gold Coast!! I am so thankful to those who have been praying and giving. If you would like to give, click on the "Give A Donation" tab at the top of the page.

All this being said, God is so good. I believe that God is going to pour out His spirit in an amazing way through this School of Worship and in Australia. When I was in Mozambique, God had me in a process of learning what Hunger for Him can look like. He planted a seed while I was in New Zealand on an outreach months before. I was speaking in a church and I felt to share about Hunger. I had the revelation that there were two perspectives you could choose from. Are we hungry because there is nothing and we are starving, or are we hungry because we smell the wedding feast and are responding by taking part in all God has for us. I shared about how if we are hungry we can respond, we can dig deeper into God and be fed by scripture and spending time with Jesus. But that was just the beginning.



In Pemba, I was asked many times if I was hungry for more of God. I liked the idea, but God began to show me I had a wrong mindset when it came to asking for more in our Hunger. Questions would come, such as "Do you have the right to want more?", "Shouldn't you be happy with what you already have experienced?", "What if God doesn't want to give more?". More and more questions and yet more and more invitations to ask God for more. So I pressed in. I would cry out to God everyday for the more. I would wait in His presence and be slow to stand again if I was under the wait of glory. I would give over control and cry out for a authentic manifestation, no matter how it looked. I would cry out, and God heard my cry. He met me in powerful ways and I am forever changed.

Why am I saying these things?? With praying for the School of Worship that will soon begin, I am hungry for more of God. I desire a great move and for people to come to know Jesus for who He is. I want the City to be transformed. People are searching, escaping, trying to find rest. In a City like the Gold Coast this can look like a lot of different thing. But the answer is Jesus and as a missionary, this is the most exciting time to be alive!! God is moving and He is just waiting for Sons and Daughters to stand up and carry the fire of His presence into the Nations!! As I think about returning to Australia, I want to be so hungry for God that nothing seems impossible. I want to agree with God that this group of Hungry worshipers can come together and see the kingdom come, see healing, people getting delivered, outpourings of the holy spirit and salvations. Lets pray for revival in Australia!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

a lovely little update :)

3 Weeks to Go!!