Stop for the One: Vision for 2015!!!


A warm hello from me to all who view my blog or have been a part of my story. 

2015 is fast approaching and as a young missionary from Michigan, also know as the michiganary, I have been seeking The Lord for what next year could look like for me. I have been involved with YWAM Brisbane in Australia for a few years and after finishing a commitment there, I felt God was going to call me to something new. I am so excited to share with you now what that could look like!! So here is my vision for 2015!!!

Heidi Baker, a beautiful woman of God and missionary, shares a message of "Stop for the One". She is referring to the lost, the dying, and the broken. I have felt God place this on my heart but also to look at my life and to ask myself if I stop for "The One", meaning Him. As I look back I see times where I have stopped and pursued Him with all my heart before anything else, and I remember well times I ran ahead and tried to make my own way. Because of His grace I have been picked up after those times of falling, but also because of His grace I hunger for a life more abandoned to the God of love. 

In saying all of this, how does that play out in 2015? Well, let me tell you! 

YWAM Gold Coast, Australia, is running a School of Worship in February next year. I feel God has given me this opportunity to not just grow in my knowledge and love of worship, but also to create more of a foundation for future ministry where I learn to ALWAYS stop for the One. I always want to stop for God. "Stop" meaning He is always at the center. I don't want to be so caught up in life, relationships, even ministry, that I forget to actually focus on God. I want my life to be worship to Him. I want my praises to be like a sweet smell in His thrown room. I want to learn how to lead others into the presence of God because that is where they are transformed. 




So I will leave in February for 6 months to Australia. I will share more about the school in the future, but I have more news to share first!

To tie in once again Heidi's "Stop for the one", I want to learn more from her and the amazing ministry Iris Global. So in October I plan to move to Pemba, Mozambique and be apart of a 3 month training called the Harvest School. I will be learning more about 3rd world missions, making connections in Eastern Africa (where I want to serve long term), live submersed in hundreds of children, go on rural bush evangelical outreaches, and learn more about "stopping for the one" in ministry among the poor and in local communities.

After saying all of this you may be thinking, how is she going to do these things? I am asking the same question, but I also have the answer.

Jesus.

I can not make these things happen and I pray for God to multiply my small faith as I prepare for another year on the mission field. I am praying for doors to be open, generosity to be released, and for wisdom on how I can be faithful on my end so He can move in amazing ways on His. So please pray with me!!!

I want to leave in February having raised at least $8,000. This will give me a good start before I leave the States. I am praying for grace as I can be an emotional person (i am almost being sarcastic but not really) and I am transitioning now from coming home to leaving again while also trying to be present in the ministries I am apart of here in Michigan.

I will keep you posted on my progress and prayer points. If you have any questions or would like email updates, please email me!!!

lindseyburton.missions@gmail.com


Thank you friends!! Be blessed!!


Comments

  1. Awesome......we will continue to keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

3 Weeks to Go!!

Friends || Faithfulness || Flights