A time of transition!!!

YWAM is full of transitions and change. We learn to be adaptable and flexible as communities. People coming in and out of our lives and new opportunities behind every corner. I am entering into a new transition myself as our School of Worship lecture phase has come to a close and we will begin outreach May 25. We have invested a lot of time and energy over the last few months learning more about worship and leading people into God's presence. Now we will be looking for opurtunities to serve locally and overseas, both blessing the body of Christ and going out into the streets looking for what God wants to do!

We will be spending the bulk of our 2 month outreach in Australia and then we will head to New Zealand to partner with another ywam base for 2 weeks. We will be leading worship whenever we can, doing work projects, kids ministry, leading prayer meetings, helping run events and doing whatever else comes our way. Please be praying for my team as we transition and that God will give us wisdom and grace to do what is coming! I feel nervous in some ways because I have no idea what things will look like, but excited to apply what I have been learning in a new way and to bless communities here in Australia.

An amazing testimony of God's goodness and faithfulness for our school has been our recording
week. We have been writing worship songs throughout the school and have been hoping an opportunity would come up for us to record some of them. Recording can be really expensive and unless you know the right people it would be difficult to fit in our budget. But a few weeks ago we found a connection with a church and were able to record and film. God is so good! We believe people can experience God through what we have created and that the truth can bring freedom.

Something else I wanted to share is that ywam Brisbane, the base I used to serve with, is pioneering a ywam base in Detroit Michigan!! they are sending outreach teams there this summer and so please be praying for them!! I am not sure if I will be involved there in the future, but knowing that God is moving in a new way in America and that this move is starting in Detroit is so exciting!!

I am so blessed by your prayers and support. Besides what I have already shared, please pray for me as I begin my outreach phase, that I will step out and trust God as I lead and serve. Also for wisdom for what the rest of this year could look like. I had my ideas of what I would do, but as opportunities continue to come up, I need to submit what I think to God and wait for Him to lead me.

Be Blessed!!!

Lindsey Burton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

3 Weeks to Go!!

a lovely little update :)