Grace and Faith

I find this to be a common request I ask of Jesus, Give me grace and grow my small faith.

I know I am young, but I believe I have had the privilege to experience a lot with God. I have learned so much and be exposed to a lot of different cultures and environments of worship.

 I don't say this to say I am somehow a better person or to be prideful, but really to say that I need Jesus more then ever. I need His grace more and more each day. I need His spirit to grow the small faith I have, because even though I have seen amazing things and God's faithfulness, I struggle.

 I have struggled with believing the truth at times and so I have doubted God's character. I have struggled to choose faith over anxiety and apathy. I have struggled with comparing my walk with God with others. My calling with others.  I have feared peoples opinions and expectations. I need Jesus.

However I don't want more of Jesus just so I can be a better person. I know now that that isn't the point. "better person". My expectations of better, and God's can be very different. I want to pick up God's grace and get some of this out of my life so that I can be closer to God, bring more glory to Him, and to be a resting place for the Holy Spirit. I want to be a light in the darkness and I breath of fresh air for the people around me because I walk with God. I want to speak God, act God, love God, be His vessel. So I need Grace. I can't do any of this without God. Death to self and may I live like Jesus, doing what my Father asks and delighting in Him forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

3 Weeks to Go!!

Friends || Faithfulness || Flights