Quick September Update

Hello Everyone!!

I wanted to send out a quick update to share about the season I am in right now. As you may have read in my previous posts, The Discipleship Training School I was staffing on finished up in August. Now I am on my logistical Phase of my Basic Leadership School, where I serve the base in a more practical way. I am on the Bases Hospitality staff right now until January. That means I am able to organize where quests and speakers stay, along with making sure they feel welcome and blessed. I also organize different things for events or times of fellowship. Here at YWAM Brisbane we live in a community with lots of people coming in and out, so making sure things are clean and well taken care of is something I can practically help with.
After the school ended I came down with some pretty hard core illnesses. I had a sinus infection that wrecked my immune system and I them developed Shingles. It was confusing and didn't feel so awesome but now I am feeling better then I have in months. I was able to really rest and spend time with God in new ways.
Something I really enjoy about this time as logistical staff is that I actually have time. It has been awesome to be able to help out more with playing music for worship times and in Churches, volunteer at community events, and build relationships with people here. A few weeks ago I was able to help at a school event where we set up a info table on YWAM and there were also some other really cool ministries there encouraging the kids to think about missions in the future. This past week I was able to be on a team who helped out a local church with some kids outreach. We set up some tables in a shopping centre and as families came in we would hand out balloons, do crafts, have their faces painted, and had heaps of fun.
I am almost halfway through my BLS and it has been amazing to have the support of so many people both in prayer and with donations. I want to ask you to please pray about financially supporting me over the next year as I continue being a full time missionary with YWAM Brisbane. I will be staffing another school and leading another overseas outreach next year. If you are interested in a one time donation or even monthly support, please contact me through Facebook, or email me at lindsey.music.burton@gmail.com.
Also, please don't hesitate to just send me a message saying how you are or how I can be praying for you. Thank you so much for the encouragements and prayers over the last 9 months, It has made a difference!!

Love,
Lindsey Burton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

a lovely little update :)

3 Weeks to Go!!