One Year down under, One God lifted Higher

Hello Beautiful People.

So Much has happened in the last few weeks leading up to the new year. As many of you know I was in New Zealand for 2 weeks around the beginning of December. I was able to spend time with a girl I mentored on this last Discipleship Training School. I stayed with her and her family and it was a really good time of resting and spending time seeking God. Then I took a bus to stay with an amazing family the Gemmen's know, and be apart of a Prophetic Worship School for a week. I have a short video update of the school on my Facebook page, but it was a week of focusing on Worship, the prophetic, the arts, and so much more. I am beginning to really see how God is already using what I have learned. It is amazing how God connects things and works though you past expectation when you give Him room to do so. 

Coming back to Brisbane after was a crazy time getting ready for Christmas. I am the hospitality manager on Base and so taking care of guests, Christmas parties, cleaning, and holiday goodies for the masses consumed my time leading up to Christmas. I felt so blessed this Christmas being with people I thought I wouldn't see again. YWAM relationships can be deep and temporary, but the times we do have are so so special. Also, thank you to all who sent Christmas cards and wishes my way. It means so much to me.

After Christmas I tagged along with the current DTS on base to Airlie Beach. We spent the week praying for the town, evangelizing, and serving. We set up our Chai tent and on New years eve, and New years day we would give out free Chai to backpackers and locals while performing for them music and dances and sharing God's love with them. So many people are looking for truth and battling rejection and emptiness. Our hearts broke for these lost ones and we were challenged to step out of our comfort zones and boldly share and intercede. I was able to help a lot with making food for our army of about 80 and serve where help was needed. I feel so blessed to be a part of what God is doing.

So here is where I am at, in 2 weeks I will begin getting ready for staffing on the Music, Art, and Dance Discipleship Training School of February 2014. We will once again be running next to a Sports DTS and a Traveling DTS called Beach 2 Bush. New Students, overseas outreaches, challenges, and blessings 10x10. Please be praying for more students to join all the schools and for all the staff teams as they begin preparing.
 Right now we have teams overseas in Siapan and Guam, India, and Indonesia and Malaysia. Soon more teams will go out into Japan, Australia, Vanuatu, and Peru. Our Coffee Shop is booming, Our Production Company's feature film is almost complete after Years of work, connections with the community are growing, and there is so much to celebrate and be thankful for. Writing this update i am awestruck at our God's amazing goodness.
 I face challenges every day, and it can be so easy to give those things room. However I want to challenge you all with something I have really been learning. Take the time to rewire your mind and consciously choose to focus on God in everything. Invite Him with you as you are working, doing school work, playing with your kids, meeting up with someone over coffee, everything. Then when something good happens, you will praise Him, when something hard happens you will submit it to Him. Stop letting circumstance determine your life and allow God's goodness to help you walk in Freedom. I only say these things because I have struggled with them and through all the mistakes have picked up God's grace and allowed Him to help me go forwards. I am blessed by you all and ask for your continual support as I  begin another year of Missions.

Much Love,

Lindsey Burton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airlie Beach

3 Weeks to Go!!

Friends || Faithfulness || Flights